About Jason Street
Mississippi State University
Ph.D. Engineering August 2014
M.S. Biological Engineering December 2010
B.S. Biological Engineering December 2008
Mississippi State University, MS
Assistant Professor 05/2015 – present
Specializing in research of sustainable materials with an emphasis on the analysis of industrial processes, modeling, instrumentation, and material testing.
Postdoctoral Research Associate 08/2014 – 05/2015
Used Aspen Plus and CAPCOST software to evaluate mass and energy balances as well as economic analysis of industrial processes. Used a Fischer-Tropsch pilot plant reactor system to perform experiments that I designed as a graduate student.
Graduate Research Assistant 01/2009 – 08/2014
Used Aspen Plus and CAPCOST software to evaluate mass and energy balances as well as economic analysis of industrial processes. Designed a pilot scale reactor system using LabView to create the software needed for temperature, flow-rate control and monitoring of the pilot reactor system to research multiple catalysts.
Instructor of Record – Teaching Experience
· FP 4123/6123 – Lumber Manufacturing
Raw materials, production methods and product specifications for sawn wood products. Machinery and plant layout. Operation, control, and analysis of lumber manufacturing systems; markets.
· SBP 4153/6153 – Biological Conversion of Biomass
Introduction to concepts of conversion of biomass by organisms or isolated enzymes to chemicals focusing on breakdown of cellulose, lignin and hemicelluloses and enzyme kinetics.
SKILLS & TRAINING
· Professional Engineer in the state of Mississippi
· LabView, Aspen Plus, openLCA, CAPCOST, COMSOL Multiphysics
· Solidworks, AutoCAD, ANSYS
· Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· ChemCAD, MathCad, Mathematica
· Pressure Vessel Design and Implementation
· GC, GC-MS, TPR/TCD, SEM, TEM Analysis
· Hazardous Waste and OSHA formal safety training
· Renewable/Alternative Energy (Pyrolysis, Gasification, Pelletization, Bioethanol)
· Structural Design
· Optimization of control systems
· American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
· Forest Products Society
· International Standardization of Solid Biofuels Committee – US TAG for ISO/TC 238
· Engineering for Sustainability Committee – ASE-16 (ASABE)
· Student Organizations Committee – P-120 (ASABE)
· Student Ethics Competition Committee – P-128 (ASABE)